Thursday, August 30, 2007

More Dog Fluff Stuff

Okay, I spent TOO much of today getting the dogs groomed and ready for Camp, so I didn't get the sample squares photographed. I know I promised, but I can only do so much. To pacify you all, here is my second favorite sample piece.






Filigree Scarf
Pattern: Fabulous Filigree Scarf in One Skein Wonders edited by Judith Durant
Yarn: Handspun Rough Collie/Cream Romney Blend
Needles: KnitPicks Options size 6

You can see the amount of color change in the Collie fiber... I didn't honestly notice it so much until it was knitted up. The color is a little more subtle in person, but my digital camera either shot it plain cream or this, so there you go. It is just a nice scarf, it looks like it might be a shawlish size in the photo and the book, but it is more like collar size. It will look nice crossed under my coat this winter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to knit this scarf right now, but it's not coming out right. Yours looks great!

Anonymous said...

Did you find an error in the directions? I'm not a terribly experienced knitter, but I usually can figure patterns out. The first few rows of the "knitting the Point" confuse me. When knitting a row, is it correct that you might have some unknitted stitches left on the left hand needle?