Monday, July 2, 2007

All Branched Out



Pattern:
Branching Out
Author: Susan Pierce Lawrence
Source: Knitty
Materials: Alpaca/Samoyed Handspun 2-Ply Light Sport Weight
Needles: Clover Bamboo Circulars - Size 5

Another Finished Object to add to my collection! As this is as a demo project for my "Spinning Dog Fluff" seminar, I am not sure what will become of it. Kerri has her greedy eyes on it, so in the event I don't give it away before next winter that's probably where it will end up! Here's some press for my Clematis and a look at the fuzzy halo...

M

3 comments:

Peggy said...

The scarf is beautiful!!!! It looks so serene with the clematis. I really like the sweater from the previous post as well.

Anonymous said...

Look for keeshond fiber. Mischief has LOTS of coat & in her ruff the staple is about 6", long enough to spin without another fiber. The keeshond wool is also crimpy. It makes a lovely pearly gray yarn with black guard hairs if you choose to leave them in. Romy, the berner, has a very soft coat but I think it would be much like spinning angora. Beautiful scarf by the way.

N. Maria said...

It's so beautiful! I wish I hadn't scrolled down your blog and seen it though! Now I have one more project I want to do. ;)