Sunday, July 15, 2007

Mystery Stole 3... Me too! Me too...

This is another in a long line of accidental projects. I have been looking for a stole/shawl pattern to use for a knitting project to donate to the auction at the Newfoundland Club of America National Specialty which our local club will be hosting in March of 2008 using my own handspun of a Newf/Merino blend. As I was poking around the web looking for a pattern that fit, I stumbled on the Mystery Stole 3 KAL. When I read that the yarn recommendation is a black or white, I was hooked... I get to participate in the KAL and produce a stole that will be appropriate for the auction. What more could I ask for. So what if I hadn't spun any of the yarn yet? So what if I have never knit with beads before? It will be a learning experience. LOL...

Here is my stole completed thru clue #2. I am a little behind, but I think I will be able to catch up this week.



Here is some detail of the metallic multicolor 8/0 beads from Caravan Beads.




If you haven't seen Melanie's work before... Check out her blog: http://pinklemontwist.blogspot.com/ I am sorry to report that if you are not one of the 6700+ people already participating in MS3, you are gonna have to wait until next year as the group has been closed. The patterns for previous mystery stoles are available from Melanie and the MS3 stole will be available sometime at the end of Aug. or beginning of Sept.

Time to start Clue #3...

7 comments:

Peggy said...

Really gorgeous. The one I'm working on right now is cream with black beads, I'm looking forward to starting my black one with metalic beads, especially after seeing yours!!!!

Dana said...

This is really pretty. I had no idea dog fleece (sorry, don't know the correct terminology) could be made into laceweight. And the beads are nice, very subtle and shimmery. :-) Of course I could be biased because my color choices are very similar...charcoal with hematit-y beads...lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Your MS3 looks great as does the Branching Out scarf. As I have been given some samoyed hair I would like to know what percentage of dog/merino or dog/alpaca did you use?

Anonymous said...

Your MS3 looks great as does the Branching Out scarf. As I have been given some samoyed hair I would like to know what percentage of dog/merino or dog/alpaca did you use?

Kimberly said...

Helen, Blogger doesn't let me post this as a reply, so I have to leave it as a regular comment. Argh!

When I blend dog fluff with wool or alpaca, I generally do a 50/50 mix. I am a bit anal about it and weigh it gram for gram each time I load my hand cards. I like to know the blend is consistent throughout. Dog Fluff is sometimes a limited resource so I have been known to stretch it as far as 70/30 in order to have enough yarn to complete a project.

The Samoyed was a dream to work with -- you will love it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info it's very helpful.
Good luck with clue 3 of ms3. I'll check back again to see how it's going.

N. Maria said...

It is looking GREAT! You are good at lace knitting, for sure!