Friday, February 29, 2008

Finishing Frenzy... Not....

I try to be a good knitter... I want to get some of the WIPs off the needles... I do. Really... I don't need to be racked with guilt over every new project I want to start.

I even have a genuine FO... Nothing special just a pair of toe-up socks using my favorite "plain" socks pattern.

Pattern: Universal Toe-Up Sock Formula by Amy Swenson
Yarn: Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Yarn in Sherbert
Needles: KnitPicks Circulars - size 2

Unfortunately, I also have a new WIP to show you...


It is the Wavy scarf from Knitty.... This is a great pattern; I will certainly make a few of these. But I will slip the first stitch of each row to clean up the edges as they are a bit messy. Easy and fast to knit as long as you commit to knitting one full repeat at a time. It is VERY easy to get lost if you put it down for a while. For the record, that's Eli in the background. I wish I could tell you what the yarn is but it is just 5 balls of wool/silk heavy worsted weight cabled yarn I frogged from a project approx 100 years ago. I do remember I got it out of the clearance bin at Fabric Place in Woburn, MA -- not that it helps me remember what the yarn is.... lol

So the short of it is that my WIP list remains exactly the same length -- but at least it hasn't gotten any longer....

No comments: