Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chomping at the Bit...

I am so excited! It's almost Mystery Stole season! I enjoyed MS3 so much that I signed up for MS4 on the first day! The clue releases give you just enough to do that you have to plug away at it, but you aren't overwhelmed by the scope of an entire lace stole. It makes an easy introduction into serious lace knitting.

Unfortunately the first clue will be released on Sept. 5th while I am at Dog Camp. So, I will start a week behind, but if last year is any indication, I should be able to catch up by week 3... Crossing my fingers...

I have decided to use some Alpaca With A Twist Fino in the Ruby Slippers colorway that has been marinating in my stash for a while. I am still struggling a little bit with the bead selection... I bought some Miyuki 8/0 seed beads in color 304 which is a dark red which blends beautifully with the yarn, but I am concerned about the lack of contrast. The beads do show up better in person than in the swatch photo, but I am not sure I don't want something with a little more pop... Opinions always welcome...


I know I did a crappy job blocking it, but it's a swatch and you should all just be grateful that I actually took the time to block the thing.... lol...

1 comment:

Sue said...

How about black or gunmetal gray? I can't remember the last time I did a swatch. I always plan to, then just don't do it.

Have fun at camp. It looks like something my pack would enjoy.