Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Try, Try, Again...

I'm back!

I was re-reading my post on MS4 and boy was I disappointed. I knit the first 3 clues before I realized how much I disliked the main part of the pattern. The stole is hibernating while I figure out how I can "fix" it. I love the beaded ends, but the body just wasn't my cup of tea. Oh well... There's always next year.

Here's a quilt I just finished... It's a commission, but I don't think anyone will notice my posting it here. I had budgeted about 3 full days to complete the hand applique of the gate over the pieced landsape and it ended up taking 7 FULL twelve plus hour days. I missed my deadline and feel like a heel, but my client was very kind about it.

The landscape was much fun to do... It is composed from strip pieced squares. Once I got the mountains arranged the rest just fell together. I was really worried about the red, but I think it ended up making the piece work. It would be a wee bit boring if I had toned it down.

No comments: