Friday, May 4, 2007

Introduction of the Canines...

As this blog is Knitting in the Dog Run... An introduction to the dogs is certainly in order. I am going to do this in a few installments; one for each of the three of them. First up is Jasper.... aka Weenie... as in teeny-weenie... He is a 17 lb dog living in a world of giants.



He is a 3 year old Corgi/Jack Russell cross that we adopted from a local rescue group. Jasper is our agility dog. He is smart and quick and unafraid of anything. He is also the only dog I can knit for. He now has a wardrobe of handspun wool sweaters. It is unfortunate that a skinny little dog has to endure Maine winters. This is Jasper in his Gap dancer sweater....



It made from some chocolate tunis fleece I bought to play with and some grey corriedale. Both were spun very early in my spinning and are a little lumpy in a two-ply light sport weight. The sweater is of my own design knit on size 4 circulars. See I actually managed to work in some spinning/knitting content.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Jasper is too cute and the Newfies are so beautiful. What a great dog family you have!