Friday, May 25, 2007

Broken Leg

Rosemary has a broken leg. My spinning wheel, a Kromski Minstrel, is named Rosemary after Rosemary Clooney. (Think the "Minstrel Number" from White Christmas...) Anyway, the aforementioned big puppy sent my wheel @$$ over tea kettle and she broke one of her footmen. %sigh%. The good folks at Halcyon Yarn have assured me that I would have my part in less than a week, but I am still sad as can be as production on the Samoyed/Alpaca yarn has halted.

But in other news, I borrowed Kerri's Louet and spun a blend of 50% Newfoundland/25% Red Wool/25% White Wool... It is a wild mix. I was poking around in the stash looking for something interesting to blend with the newf fuzz and came up with some 1 oz balls of wool that came with one of my spindles. I just weighed it out and carded it together. Little thought was given to how blended it was; I just threw it on the handcards in roughly even proportions of wool to newf fuzz. The result is a DK weight 2/ply for a total of about 200 yards... See...



I've just got to come up with a project for it. I am thinking that a simple roll brim hat might be just the ticket to show off the heathery goodness...

No comments: