Saturday, June 2, 2007

UFO Review

As I am still without a working wheel and without any FO to show... I thought I'd review my current UFO

1) Tahoe Cardigan -- The pieces are all knitted, I just have to seam, buttonband and block. The sleeves took forever as I reworked them to be more tapered as I don't like bell-ish sleeves. Luckily, I only had to reknit it once. I also chose not to do a contrasting trim... You will see soon.

2) Live Dangerously, Don't Swatch Hat -- I love this pattern. I am using the red, white & newf yarn to make a simple textured hat. I should have something to show soon as I just have the i-cord edging to do.

3) Eunny's Print-O'-the-Wave Stole -- I have to admit that I got scared by the lace and gently backed away from this one... Summer is such a perfect time for lace that I will surely get back to it soon. Really. I think this one is less than 10% complete.

4) Kimono Shawl from Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle -- I am 66% finished with this one... There's no excuse. I thought I was going to run out of yarn so I put it aside until I acquired the additional skeins, but by the time I did my enthusiasm had moved on to other things. %sigh% You can see a photo of DynamiteKnits version here.

I also own the yarn for about 6 pairs of socks not yet started, but promised to folks already. I also have a long overdue vest I promised someone more than a year ago. This is in addition to all the spinning I have committed to and getting ready to teach Spinning Dog Fuzz, which involves spinning and knitting samples of 10+ breeds blended with wool, alpaca or silk.

There are not enough hours in the day.

%sigh%

Did I mention that the Maine Fiber Frolic is next weekend... I will inevitably pick up three or four new projects. I am hoping not, but I can already hear the siren song of the fleece tent.

No comments: