Sunday, June 17, 2007

Branching Out

I finally have actual knitting to show you... I finally finished the Alpaca/Samoyed which turned out to be a really nice heavy fingering weight; I forget the actual WPI. Believe it or not I ended up with about 490 yards of the stuff. I have decided to knit it into Branching Out from Knitty, which is a fairly straightforward lace scarf that doesn't require too many brain cells all at once. It doesn't look like much now but as is the way of lace, it will block up into something swell... I think.





I thought the second one was a bit better at showing off the halo. The Samoyed is more like angora than any of the chiengora I produced before. Blended with the Alpaca, it feels like I am knitting a cloud. I can't tell you how much I love this stuff.

3 comments:

Lanea said...

Hiya! Welcome to the Knitters Review Webring.

Joan said...

Yes, it looks exactly like angora, the really good stuff. I've wanted to knit some Grace Ennis socks with beer steins (my mother knit them for my dad in the '50's) and you need fluffy angora for the beer "foam". LOL. Anyway your lovely halo reminded me I need to knit those socks.

your friends, kevin and josie said...

Hi there,

My name is Josie Huang. I am a public radio reporter looking into doing a story on chiengora and came across your blog post. Is there an e-mail address at which I can reach you?

Thanks in advance!
Josie