Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tahoe Cardigan!

It's DONE! Okay, it's not blocked yet but that doesn't count... Does it? It started out as the Tahoe Cardigan from Knitty, but I tailored almost everything to suit me. I made the sleeves narrower from the elbow to the wrist;I knit the hems in the same yarn as the body rather than a contrasting color; I shortened the overall length and I gave it a little bit of additional shaping in the chest to better accommodate my more ...ahem... generous curves. In the end it is a basic beige everyday sweater. The pics are crappy but there you go.

Details:

Pattern: Tahoe Cardigan from Knitty
Yarn: KnitPicks Merino Style in Nutmeg (color 23460)
Buttons: Keith O'Connor Pottery Beads at Maine Fiber Frolic



I really love the picot edge on the sleeves and the green raku buttons. They are just enough detail to keep the sweater from being overly boring.

Jasper doesn't understand why I was disturbing his nap with all this photography....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the shoutout on our stoneware buttons! Your sweater is beautiful and the buttons suit it to a T. The fiber frolic was a blast- our first time!
We are very much looking foreward to Sept.s Fiber college - see you there!
Laurie of
Keith O'Connor's Beads