Monday, May 7, 2007

One Big Puppy



My next introduction is to the puppy... This is Eli; his AKC registered name is Mtnviews Life Goes On. There is a story in his name, but that's for another day. He is 10 months old, 130 lbs, and full of himself. He had his first big boy dog show this weekend. It sort of scares me when Newfoundland people look at him and tell me he is going to be a big boy. His father is 175lbs. But I don't think he's going to be that big. We shall see.



The best I can say about his entry into his show career is that no one got hurt. He moved very well, but he won't have any part of my moving his feet. We are going to have to teach him to free stack, but that will take some time.

As you might have guessed, I can't knit for a newfoundland so there isn't any knitting content today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's beautiful! I'm sure it will not take him long to get comfortable in the ring with the big boys and he'll be winning his majors.